- ❤️ Popular app
- ❤️ Swiping feature
- ❤️ Ladies initiate
What makes Bumble different?
Bumble first hit the internet in December 2014 when it was founded by Whitney Wolf Herd, a former VP at Tinder.
Several features make Bumble stand out from other dating apps.
- Only ladies initiate conversations.
- The app enables you to set a fairly short bio not exceeding 300 words, including your photo.
- It enables you to set your search criteria on the site before you begin swiping.
- The video or phone icons enable you to hold video or voice chats, respectively, once you have made a connection.
- Unverified accounts can be filtered out using a handy Bumble filter.
- Apart from dating, Bumble BFF is for meeting friends and Bumble Bizz for meeting business partners.
Better dating sites
- ❤️ 30+
- ❤️ Real verified members
- ❤️ Free account
- ❤️ 18+
- ❤️ Easy to use app
- ❤️ Verified profiles
- ❤️ Largest adult dating site
- ❤️ Verified members
- ❤️ Free trial
Free account and paid features
Since the lady initiates the conversation, it is easy to take the conversation away from the site and use the site free of charge. There are also two paid features. They are Bumble Boost and Bumble Premium.
Bumble is best suited for persons seeking serious dating. Most women on the site are genuinely interested in meeting people for long-term relationships.
Only women can start the conversation
Bumble is unique since only women can start the conversation. The suspense of waiting for her to send a message kicks up the adrenaline in the man, making the possible match an exhilarating experience like no other.
The lady has 24 hours to initiate a conversation after both parties swipe right. However, this can be a bit frustrating if you are a man used to throwing the first line. Not to worry though, many encounters do result in a conversation.
The app is quite easy to navigate. You can find your way around without too much hassle. Moreover, it is technically sound, enabling seamless video and audio interaction. Additionally, it is a mobile app that you can access using your smartphone wherever you are. It allows you to:
- Reconnect for an extra 24 hours with your previous matches and extend the period of matching beyond 24 hours
- Be in the spotlight once a week with your profile reaching people close to your location
- Swipe as much as you wish and undo a swipe using the Backtrack option.
- See your beeline. This is the term for people who have liked your profile. You can also be seen only by people you swiped right.
- Use the travel feature to show where you will be next and access advanced filters to eliminate types you are not interested in.
Bumble is not as heavy on personality tests as its predecessor, Tinder. However, you can take the Myers-Briggs test to determine what will help you strike a conversation. You will also find the personality types of your potential partner indicated, though that is not always the case. People who are looking for flings should seek partners elsewhere. If you like vulgar language and viewing nudity, then it is not the site for you.
Cost of Bumble
There are some attractive offers on Bumble. You can access frequent promo codes that give you up to 30% off. It would help if you always looked out for these deals. The paid version of the site gives you more options than the free one. These costs are pretty affordable on average compared to other dating sites. Moreover, the fact that you can use the site free is an added advantage that you rarely find elsewhere.
Common complaints about Bumble
The site began as a protest about the discriminatory practices against women on dating apps. The founder Whitney Wolf Herd sued Tinder for such discrimination winning $1 million and founded Bumble as a rival app. This challenged existing stereotypes about men being in charge. The app ensures that women are treated with respect. It enables women to initiate dating conversations, which gives them control over the dating process.
The main complaint commonly expressed about Bumble is the frustrations that go with girls not initiating a conversation. Men sometimes feel helpless, which is not something they are used to. However, Bumble has since gained popularity due to the large number of women who have joined the platform. Their primary motivation to join was taking charge of the conversation and controlling who could speak to them. Nonetheless, this ensures that they relate only to people who treat them with respect.
- Not looking for anything serious? Try these sex dating sites in Ireland.
- These dating apps are the best in Ireland.
- Check out our top 10 Irish swingers sites.
Table of Contents